Wednesday 16 September 2009

The Injury of Injuries

My last journal post told about an old sciatic nerve problem rearing its ugly head but unfortunately its alot worse than I thought.

I have been for an MRI scan and found out that I do not have a simple sciatica problem, I actually have a large prolapse of my L1 spinal disc (first disc in the Lumbar region of the lower back).

This is of great concern for me, not because of the injury as I know it will get resolved by the spinal consultant I will be seeing, but more because I will not be able to train for a long period of time and I am worried about what impact this will have on my training moving forward.

Im hoping that the issue will be resolved sooner rather than later as I can already start to see a loss of muscle since it started three or four weeks ago.

As I know more Ill let you all know!

0 comments: