Saturday 5 July 2008

Wrist Holding Me Back

I have been working hard the last few months on increasing my strength and have really pushed forward achieving what I wanted.

My only concern for the last few months is my biceps. Now I dont actually have any problem with my biceps, the problem is that when carrying out training on my biceps using a supinated (underhand) grip like that used in the barbell biceps curl I get a pain in my left wrist that is very uncomfortable.

I am unsure what is causing this pain but it is enough to stop me from lifting any weights for my biceps in a supinated grip so I have had to adapt my training by carrying out hammer curls and other exercises.

On Saturday next week I am visiting a professional sports therapist to review my wrist and see how I can get back to carrying out my biceps training without pain or issue.

I believe this shows that little injuries or pre-existing issues can be picked up as you train, whats important is to get them checked out as soon as possible and not leave them like I have.

0 comments: