Tuesday 14 April 2009

Powerlifting For Strength

Strength is one of the great reasons for going to the gym along with weight loss....oh and the vanity of looking DAMN GOOD!

When it comes to strength there is no better way to train than powerlifting training. This means training to lift as much as you can in the three big lifts of Powerlifting, these lifts are

  • The Bench Press
  • The Deadlift
  • The Squat
I have spoke previously about the importance of powerlifting 5x5 workouts to build a really strong body through base compound exercises supported by other compound exercises and isolation exercises. The idea is that by building from the bottom up your body will see a huge increase in strength very quickly.

I myself am a powerlifter and I am not really interested in the vanity of looking good, although big, strong muscles are a great byproduct of powerlifting.

If your interested in finding out about powerlifting click here to see my article on the subject.

0 comments: