Tuesday 20 January 2009

Arnold: Education of a Bodybuilder

When I first started out in weightlifting six years ago I was interested in bodybuilding, to gain an understanding in bodybuilding I bought many, many books and absorbed everything like a sponge.

The best book out of all the books I ever read was Arnold Schwarzeneggers book Arnold: The Education of a Bodybuilder. This book really gave me the knowledge I needed to start seriously improving in the gym while also giving an insight into Arnolds life and giving me inspiration.

Many people now follow the likes of Mike Mentzer for their gains, which is great because Mike is very knowledgable, but for me this book back in the day opened up a whole new world for me.

Arnold does really go to town in The Education of a Bodybuilder so it is important to be careful not to overtrain with his methods, although I can tell you I saw serious gains in my first six months of training using this book as my bible!

0 comments: